The Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD is transitioning to a Flexible Education Program. Most of your teachers have already begun sending assignments.
As we make this transition the band's goal is to remain flexible, so that you may focus on acquiring the skills and information necessary to complete assignments in all your classes without feeling overwhelmed.
Your band assignment is to practice scales, technical exercises, and music you may have or find online, for a minimum of 75 minutes each week. After completing this assignment fill out and save the completed Weekly Practice Form and email it the following Monday, beginning March 30, 2020 for a grade.
It is essential that you continue to practice each week.
I know this is an uncertain time, but I think we will all get through this. Please email me with any questions or concerns. We hope you all stay safe and that we see you soon!
Jose Ochoa, Israel Castaneda, and Jesse Winecoff
ACTION ITEMS FOR STUDENTS
DUE TO NEW FLEXIBLE EDUCATION PROGRAM
- New! Join the High School Band's SmartMusic Class by clicking here. Then enter your email address and Class Id (Class Id was sent via Remind). If you need help getting the Class Id or understanding the SmartMusic website contact by email Mr. Ochoa or Mr. Castenada. Please note: SmartMusic is not available on your cell phone and android tablets. To view system requirements click here
- Email Jose Ochoa to schedule a time to pickup your instrument if you do not have it.
- Email your completed practice forms every Monday to Israel Castaneda beginning March 30, 2020
- Check the lcmbands.com website regularly for more information
- Visit the "Helpful Tools" page of this website.
The mission of the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Band program is to provide students a high quality music education, promote a high standard of excellence, and enhance the lives of band members by fostering an environment that develops confidence, responsibility, leadership, cooperation, and character. The LCM Band program strives to provide students with the opportunity for a positive life-changing experience based on dedication, teamwork, and accomplishment.
TMEA HONOR BAND RESULTS
CONGRATULATIONS to both Mauriceville Middle School Symphonic Band and Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School Wind Ensemble for each placing 3rd in the State Finals of the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) State Honor Band Competition. We are extremely proud of these students for their dedication and hard work.
The Mauriceville Middle School Band is directed by Kathy Smith, Director of Bands and Justin Hargraves, Associate Director. The Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School is directed by Jose Ochoa, Director of Bands, Justin Hargraves, Associate Director and Jesse Winecoff, Percussion Director.
The Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) is an organization of over 10,000 school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education.
The LCM Band is proud to recognize Darby Watson for her advancement to the prestigious Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) All State Symphonic Band.
Darby competed against students from 5A schools throughout the Houston area to earn this achievement.
Darby will be representing LCM at the annual TMEA Convention held in San Antonio,TX in the All-State Concert in February 2020.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR